Thursday, September 6, 2007

What Are YOU Attracting?

More Peace - What are you attracting?

This Month's Issue: Another RCB instructor,Dumari Dancoes of "Children Lights" inNew Hampshire, has developed 5 easy steps using the Law of Attraction to affect parenting. I found this veryinsightful and want to share it with you.

Whether or not you believe in the Law of Attraction, manifesting, The Secret, allowing, or not, if you feel especiallychallenged as a parent right now I encourage you to try out these 5 simple steps every day for 1 week.
No matter what you call "it", or if youchoose to put a label on "it" at all, it'shard to deny that what you think,how you act, what you say, and how you say it will affect what comes yourway.

If you are generally positive in your actions, relationships, words and intentions, chances are whatcomes back to you is the same.

Likewise, if you are generally negative in your actions, relationships,words and intentions, chances are you are getting back negative vibes.

In parenting, Dumari explains this in the following example:

"Let's say you saw your children fighting.You got upset and frustrated (two negative emotions). You told them not todo it again and explained all the reasons fighting is not acceptable.(You focused on what you do NOT want.)
You warned them that if they foughtagain, they would have a time-out and would not play their favorite videogame for a week. (You set up anexpectation of what you do not want andtold your children about it.) Whenyour spouse got home, you told him/her how frustrated you are aboutall the fighting and how you can neverhave a peaceful moment in the house.(You dwell on the negative behaviorand affirm that you will never getwhat you desire).

Can you see how your focused attention on your children's undesired behavior is creating the perfect scenario for it to happen again?

Every relationship experience you have is caused by your thoughts, emotions and expectations. Therefore, to change your relationship experience with your children you must change your thoughts, emotions, andexpectations of your relationship with them.

To create real change, you cannot focus on what is. Real change comes when you put your attention on what you want until you feel good about it.

Next time you notice your child doing something you do not want, instead of focusing on what is "wrong," use the Law of Attraction to your advantage.

First, step back and take a deep breath, then you can try the following
"Parenting Through Your Heart" steps:

1. Identify What You Want

"What do I want? What do I believe I don't have now or that I want more of?
Sometimes it is easier to gain clarity about what you want by knowing what you do not want.

EXAMPLE: "I do not want fighting and arguing. I want the yelling to stop!"
EXAMPLE: "I want to feel better. I want to experience Peace in my home. I want LOVE, COMPASSION, RESPECT, AND COOPERATION. I want Harmony NOW"

2. Connect With Your Heart

Intend to respond from your heart in a calm and loving manner.

EXAMPLE: "I choose to connect with my heart now. I ACCEPT and LOVE MYSELF just as I am. I ACCEPT and LOVE my CHILD just as s/he is. I choose to make a heart connection with my child. I choose to communicate in a way that makes both of us feel respected and understood.I choose to see this as an OPPORTUNITY to help my children communicate to find win-win solutions.
WHAT WOULD LOVE DO/SAY in this situation? "

3. Believe What You Want is Already Yours

Believe you can have what you desire. Accept it as yours - allow it.

EXAMPLE: "I choose PEACE within myself and in my home. I intend to feel at Peace no matter what my external circumstances are. I accept Peace as my experience now. I choose LOVE. I intend to be LOVING even when those around me cannot choose it. I see LOVE all around me. I choose JOY. I intend to be JOYOUS even in the face of negativity. I now see JOY in my home. I choose COMPASSION. I intend to be compassionate no matter what. I AM Peace, therefore I experience Peace."

4. Express Gratitude, Joy and Love

Increase your positive vibration with gratitude and love.

EXAMPLE: "I am GRATEFUL that I now experience complete and total Peace in my home and with my family. JOY fills my heart. I feel so HAPPY that I now experience love in my heart and in my life. I see where I can express and share love and I do so easily now. I AM loving. I AM joyous. I AM grateful.

5. Communicate From Your Heart.

Express your needs/desires, feelings, and intentions to your children. Come up with a win-win solution for all involved.

EXAMPLE: Say to your children, "I intend a peaceful and loving family. I am so grateful for all the joy we have together in this house. It makes me sad when I see you fight. Would you be willing to speak kindly to each other and come up with a solution that works for both of you?

When your children feel your unconditional love and acceptance, it is easier for you to communicate your needs and for them to accept your desire for cooperation, harmony and boundaries."

It is helpful to go through the first four "Parenting Through Your Heart" steps above BEFORE the actual "fighting scenario"occurs. Set your intentions for your day first thing in the morning when you are feeling calm.This helps set the energy to attract what you desire and makes it easier to access the peaceful and joyful feelings when you need them."

I encourage you to try out these 5 steps for one week and see how it affects your relationship with your kids, as well as their relationship with each other. I'll be surprised if it doesn't have a positive affect on you and those around you!

Have a peaceful month!

Stacey

Helping you create peace with the kids you love and care for
Stacey Zawel
Your Sanity Coach
http://www.rcbsouthshore.com
mailto:Stacey@rcbsouthshore.com

Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work.It means to be in the midst of those thingsand still be calm in your heart.(author unknown)

No comments: